The objective of this plan for the reopening of Scottsville Ice Arena is to ensure that we take the correct safety measures to ensure that we are keeping athletes, guests, coaches and employees safe and healthy. Below are the guidelines that we are implementing into our rinks’s everyday procedure. We will be following the NYS Guidelines with reopening, along with recommendations and guidelines that work best in our facility,
We will focus on physical distancing, cleaning and reduced number of guests, reduced use of shared spaces and objects and mandatory use of protected face coverings.
● Everyone entering the facility must wear a protective facemask at ALL times; except for participants on the ice
● We ask that skaters home dress and arrive 20 minutes before their scheduled ice time
● Locker rooms will not be available at this time
● Doors will be marked for entering and exit only
● The Scottsville Ice Arena Staff will be consistently sanitizing the building, chairs benches, bathrooms and touch points
● Spitting anywhere in the building is NOT permitted and you will be asked to leave if doing so
● All employees will be go through questions about their health and a temperature check prior to starting their shift or ice session
● Players are to get dressed at home. Chairs and benches will be make available for putting on skates.
● Please do no bring Hockey Bags inside the rink.
● Throughout the building their will be CDC issued signs with useful guidelines and tips for social distance and more
● Please exit the building within 15 min of getting off ice.
GUEST HEALTH & EXPECTATIONS: The safety and health of all skaters, guests and employees is our priority and for the safety of everyone, we appreciate you adhering to the following guidelines:
PHYSICAL DISTANCING: All guest/participants/employees will be advised to try to remain 6 feet or more distance from others you are not traveling with throughout the lobby, and bleachers
ENTER/EXITS We will be designating one door for entering only and one door for exiting only
SPECTATORS: When spectators are allowed in the building it will be one spectator per skater
MASKS: Masks are required at all times for all spectators in the rink. Skaters should wear their masks until they put their hockey helmet on. Figure Skaters are required to wear a mask until they step on the ice.
SCHEDULE-ENTRANCE & EXIT TIME RESTRICTIONS: Skaters and spectators should enter the rink no more than 20 minutes prior to their scheduled ice time. Locker Rooms will not be able at the current time. Skaters are asked to exit the rink no more than 15 minutes after the end of their ice session
SIGNAGE: There will be signage posted around the rink with reminders about wearing masks at all times, keeping socially distant, CDC recommendations for washing hands and tips to avoid the spread of COVID. Doors will be marked as enter and exit doors only.
SANITIZING STATIONS: Throughout the building there will be pump sanitizers the we recommend everyone use
LOCKER ROOMS: Locker rooms will not be open at this time.
LOBBY: We ask that no meetings be held in the lobby and once your ice is finished please don’t remain in the building to socialize at this time
BLEACHERS: When spectators are allowed in the building if you use the bleachers spectators must be 6 feet from one another
DRINKING FOUNTAIN: The drinking fountain will not be available at this time. We ask skaters to bring their own water bottles filled and clearly labeled with first and last name. Please do not share water bottles.
CASE NOTIFICATION In the case that Scottsville Ice Arena is notified that a possible case was at our facility, we will work with the Monroe County Department of Health and follow procedures
EMPLOYEE HEALTH & RESPONSIBILITY:
Education/Policies: All employees are required to learn the best cleaning and sanitizing practices, safety protocols and more stated in the Reopening New York Sports and Recreation Guidelines
Employee Health Concerns: Upon arriving for an employees shift or ice session, the employee is asked to wash their hands. They will be asked to answer a series of questions about their health and receive a temperature check. If the employee does not feel well they are instructed to stay home.
Masks: All employees must wear protective face masks at all times once entering the building, They will be reminded about consistently washing and sanitizing their hands & maintaining social distance from all guests.
CLEANING OF HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS:
Public Spaces: Areas listed below are expected to be sanitized at least once per hour:
● Entrance & Exit door handles
● Front desk counter top
● Lobby Tables
● Player’s benches
● Rink doors to the ice
● Touch points
● Player benches-sitting surface
● Bench door handles
● Water bottle area
● Top of boards where players may jump over
We are excited for everyone to get back on the ice and we appreciate your patience through this process. Please note that as we reopen, check back as our reopening plan may be updated or adjusted, guidelines are subject to change.