NewEdge Hockey Presents:Big Game Goalie Clinic & Seminar
Lead Instructor: Professional Goalie Trainer John Cullen / Director of Goalie Development - NewEdge Hockey
Cullen grew up playing hockey in Buffalo, NY where he played two seasons of prep school hockey at St. Francis before graduating to Junior hockey where at the age of 16 was named Goaltender of the Year for the Empire Junior Hockey League while playing in Rochester. In 2007 Cullen was selected to play for Team USA, where he represented the United States at the Under 18 World Championship Ivan Hlinka Tournament in Czech Republic.
Cullen signed with the Niagara IceDogs of the Ontario Hockey League, playing against future NHL stars Cullen finished his OHL career for the Windsor Spitfires. In 2011 Cullen was invited to an NHL Training Camp with the Buffalo Sabres, where he competed for an NHL Roster spot. John chose to sign with the Los Angeles Kings farm team, the Ontario Reign of the ECHL in 2012.
This 6 hour clinic is HIGH TEMPO, HIGH ENERGY and packed with critical skills training that hockey goalies NEED. Goalies will be pushed outside of their comfort zones but will be grouped by age and skill level to ensure no participant is under or over challenged.
* Goalie specific power and performance skating
* Professional pre-game dynamic warm-up training circuit
* In-game focus and mental preparation techniques and training"
* Game simulation, save selection, and rebound control drills
* Proper technique training (all goalie movements)
* NHL video teaching clips / literature handouts
* Individual developmental assessment
* And much more!